Missing my friend

Today is the year anniversary that one of my close friends decided to take his own life.  These aren't the types of posts that I want to share, but suicide affects so many people and families and can be something that no one saw coming because they hide their pain down to the very last minute. 

Brandon's decision to end his life that night took away a friend, a son, a brother, an uncle and so many years of memories that were yet to come and left so much hurt,  tears and emptiness for those of us he left behind. 

If what the world sees on the outside... is different from what you see on the inside, please talk to someone or visit:

 http://www.save.org/



For now, I will remember the good times. This is a video that I put together for his memorial.  Miss you, Brandon.

5 comments:

Christi said...

I am very sorry for your loss. I know that occurred sometime ago, the pain is still as raw. Please accept my prayers!

Jason said...

Shannon - I am so sorry for your loss. That video tugged at the old heart strings there.

There are no words that can take away the pain but know that if you need a shoulder to lean on mine is here waiting for you.

Unknown said...

I lost my brother in law to mental illness and suicide on 2-26-2010. It still doesn't make sense and I don't think it ever will. I am sorry for your loss.

-r

Unknown said...

Hugs to you Shannon...

Caratunk Girl said...

I am so sorry. Hugs to you.

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter