A Bet .. Well Lost

I had a little bet going with
Jason over at CookTrainEatRace
on yesterday's game.

He's a NY boy, I'm a CA girl. 

On the line?  A $20 donation to the charity of choice for the person's team that didn't win. 

It was a close game.  Overtime.  20-17 with a field goal clinching the Giants bid to the Superbowl.  It wasn't a landslide.  It was a well played game.

And, it actually made it hard for me to root against the Giants because the first touchdown by the Giants was made by Bear Pascoe, a former standout of my alma mater, Fresno State.  Oh! And David Carr is back on the Giants as well, former 1st round QB draft pick from Fresno as well.  (Go Bulldogs!)

So, I decided that the best way to make this a win-win situation is to make my donation to Jason's charity, ShapeUpAmerica.  There's really no loss in this.


So, congratulations to Jason and the Giants!  I'll try to figure out how to get this check in the mail!  :)

10 comments:

Christi said...

All for a good cause!

Unknown said...

No matter which charity ... it still went for a good cause! www.dashingdiva.net

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Still dont know how the Giants pulled that off.

Karen said...

LOL just happened to have a big check lying around. :)

TriMOEngr said...

Where does one procure such large checks? Good thing mail is unnecessary - just click the link, don't ya know! Glad your loss was his charity's win.

Jason said...

And the winning charity streak goes to 4-0......

And BDD they didn't pull it off they played better and that is why they won.

Tricia said...

sounds like a win-win

Unknown said...

Too cute! :) Not a bad loss I guess!

Bluegrass Tri Chick said...

I wa wondering how you made that big 'ole check but then I remembered you are Iron Texas Mommy. Duh, everything is big in Texas!

BTW - I tagged you on the 11 Post. :-)

Carole Sharpless said...

What a great thing to do! Good person you are......

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter