I Got Squirrel'd

So, I'm sure you've heard of being Chick'd on the race course, but the other day, I was Squirrel'd!  Say what?

Here's how it went down. 

I was minding my own business running my normal 6.2 mile course at lunch, when at about mile 3, a squirrel jumped out on the road ahead of me.  It's a country road, so I didn't think much of it. 

He continued running just ahead of me for a little while and I was thinking, "Awww.. how cute."

Then- with just about a couple hundred yards separating us, he stopped.  Turned around and stared me down.   His competition.  He taunted me like Usain Bolt in the Olympics. Then he about-faced 180 degrees and took off running like a shot, leaving me - his unworthy running companion in the dust. 

All I have to say is, "Fine.  You're faster than me on the run.  But, let's see how you do with the swim and the bike ahead of it, you fluffy little speedster."

7 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That was funny, this might be post of the year

Tri4Success said...

Hilarious! Good thing it was on a run. SuperSquirrel can wreak havoc on a bike course with his darting back and forth.

Christi said...

That is awesome!

Julie said...

LOL!

RockStarTri said...

Getting squirreled while running can be intimidating but once a squirrel jumped out as I was going by on my bike. My first thought was what would happen to me as we crashed. I guess the squirrel's thought was what would happen if he got caught in the spokes. He did a 180.

Jason said...

Hiarious and your Tri Skillz are just slightly ahead of your photoshop skillz.

Jon said...

That is too funny! I once had a squirrel run on a powerline above me. It was early in the morning so the sun caught the squirrel's shadow just right that it looked like a gigantic monster was chasing me!

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter