Road Trip!!

It's finally here!   I leave tomorrow morning for a 5-hour road trip down to The Woodlands, TX.

I'll be joining the Team Endurance Nation as part of their IMTX training camp by doing a group run on Friday, followed by a race execution talk and then ride 90 miles of the Ironman Texas course on Saturday morning.

As soon as I'm done (and showered) I'll haul my tired butt home and hopefully make it back in time to tuck my little girl into bed.  I've only been away from her two nights in her 2 1/2 years, so it's going to be harder on me than I'm sure it will on her. 

However, I'm so excited to finally be able to get to see and experience the course and to get my bearings around the Woodlands.  I'm also looking forward to our planned dinner on Friday night!  I'm meeting up with Jeff, from Dangle the Carrot and his wife, Annie and several other friends competing at IMTX- some of who I will meet for the first time.  There's 8 of us in total and we're headed to the The Grotto- Houston for dinner.  Mmmmmm.... Italian! 

Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Christi said...

Sounds like a great time! Be safe!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

That is going to be awesome and you get to meet Jeff and Annie, even awesomer and preview/test out the IMTX course is going to be great. What a weekend! Have fun!

Unknown said...

See you in a few hours! Hey can I get a ride in the General Lee (-:

Michael said...

Best of luck!! Have a great time!

Unknown said...

Hope it was a great camp! :) IMTX is coming so fast!!!

Unknown said...

Just stumbled onto your blog!! I'm not far from you just about 3 hours north in Edmond, OK! I'm heading for my first Ironman distance this year!!! Looking forward to reading your posts in the future!!!

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter