Making Lemonade & 100 days until Ironman Texas!

Not from today... but this was the
wetsuit I donned at the pool
It is COLD here in Texas!  I know for you Northerners, this is probably just a mild Spring, but I'm freezing tail.  A California-born girl, I do not know how to drive in snow or ice and I don't own jackets that are warm enough to deal with wind chills like this! The summer sunshine can't come soon enough! :)

So, today I made some lemonade out of a lemon situation.   The pool heater at my gym is on the fritz.  I swam on Monday and they said it was 76 degrees.  There's no way.  It had to be closer to 74 or below.  I did a 3000yd (with sets) swim and I can assure you it dropped my body temperature, because I could not get warm for the rest of the day/ night.  (snicker, snicker... yes, I'm a pansy).

I was scheduled for another 3,000y swim today.  So, rather than skip the swim, I brought my wetsuit.  It was glorious!  I did a straight swim and finished in record time.  I felt like I was cheating it was so easy, but I pushed hard, so my arms are definitely feeling it.

Anyway... I'm getting the workouts in and done without excuses! 100 days until Ironman Texas!  Someone please get me a paper bag to blow in to!

5 comments:

TRI714 said...

wetsuit in your pool to beat the broken heater = ASS KICKER !!! Great job !

Julie said...

Great job for not using it as an excuse!!!

Christi said...

What a great way to get some wetsuit training completed! I hope the weather gets warmer soon because I am headed to SA at the end of the month. I don't want to have cold weather when I am there! Do you think you could arrange that for me? ;)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am a northerner and I cant stand when the pool heater is on the fritz, like it is now at my pool, like you my temp dropped, then I have to go out in the single digit weather to get home, I hate it

Jason said...

Genius. Pure Genius.

IMTX waits for no one and you are going to own it. Congrats on the smart swim move.

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter