2011 Fit-N-Wise Triathlon Series

Finally!  I have all the materials in place to announce what I've been working on!  Yay!

The 2011 Fit-N-Wise Triathlon series!

Geared towards beginner triathletes looking to get started in the sport. Our sprint-distance races are limited to 100 participants per race, so that you don’t feel lost in the crowd and are staffed with race volunteers to help you figure out where to go and what to do. We welcome athletes of every body type, age, and fitness level, so no matter who you are – you will fit in!

May 7 - Hooty's Kids Triathlon
  
    -Kids ages 10 and under
    -$20, includes t-shirt & finisher's medal

June 11-  Try the Tri Sprint Triathlon
     -250y swim | 8 mi bike | 2 mi run
     -$30, includes t-shirt & finisher's medal

July 9-  Corporate Tri Relay
     -Teams of 1 swimmer, 1 biker & 1 runner (100 max teams)
     -250y swim | 8 mi bike | 2 mi run
     -$50per team, includes t-shirt
     -Trophies for top 3 women's, men's & mixed teams

August 13- Hula Girl Sprint Triathlon
     -All-Women's Tri
     -250y swim | 8 mi bike | 2 mi run
     -$30, includes t-shirt & finisher's medal
     -USAT sanctioned


All races are at Fit-N-Wise in Decatur, Texas.  The swim is in a heated, indoor pool.  The bike takes place on a scenic, country road with a few Texas hills included to keep the course challenging.  The run is all on paved, cement roads. 

Register on Active.com!

Many thanks to our Web Manager, Blake for the logo design and web page development and putting up with my umpteen changes; Michelle for allowing me to bounce logo concepts and names to no end and to Mike Bowers, the originator of the Try the Tri at Wise Regional and the Race Director for the series. The Try the Tri in July 2009 was my first triathlon and started me on this crazy journey! :)

If you want to volunteer, sponsor or help support one or all of these events, please don't hesitate to contact me!

6 comments:

Christi said...

What a fabulous idea! I wish you the best success with this race series. I wish I was closer so that I could volunteer!

Karen said...

How cool is that? Good luck to you!

Julie said...

That is so great!!! There are not enough opportunities out there for the real beginner! What a great way to get more people to "tri" it!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Holy cow, that is some cheap races that include some swag!! We have a womens only series, same distance as these races, but they are $65 or for the same price they can do an Oly

Allison said...

I think I just peed my pants I'm so excited :)

Totally going to particpate in the Hula Girl and maybe the team (if I can drum up some friends.....)

Would love to volunteer if you need help :)

Jason said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

Congrats to you.

I will change up my race sked to particpate in one but let me know where to sign up for volunteering.

Awesome.

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter