A Slow, Local News Day

This is what happens when you live in a small town and there's not much news going on- even when they only publish once every other week.  So embarrassing.  But, hey, maybe it will inspire someone else to try a triathlon. That, to me, would make it worth it!  :)


Speaking of triathlons, I am trying to talk our hospital into sending me to the USA Triathlon Race Director Symposium.  It's being held in Colorado Springs, CO this January.  I'm so excited about getting to be the Race Director for an All-Women's triathlon out at our hospital in 2011.  It will be the first time for this event, and we just nailed down the event date.  Looks like we're a go for Saturday, August 13.  More info when we get the logos and the event website all set up.  

4 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

That's pretty awesome. Is it good or bad that Northwest was beat by Southlake?

Shannon (IronTexasMommy) said...

Not good. But the Southlake team were National High School Football Champions a few years ago. This state lives and breathes "Friday Night Lights." People, who don't even have kids that play, tailgate and buy season tickets to high school games. Insane.

Jason said...

Shannon - that is super exciting about starting your own triathlon. I'll be sure to see if I can get it on the sched. I'd like to head back to the NE in August for the NYC 5150 but if this race isn't that weekend I am in.

Speaking of 'FNL' I am from NY and thought football where I lived was a big deal....ummmm NO. This place is nuts with it. People here can quote the High School that a player like Colt McCoy went to and his 3 closest friends. It is incredible but also fascinating.

Unknown said...

Awww... that's awesome!!! :)

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter