Kudos to the racers this weekend!

Three of my teammates from the Fit-N-Wise Triathlon team competed in the USA Triathlon Long Course Nationals today in South Carolina.  Mike, Susie ad JoBeth had all competed at the Age Group Nationals last weekend with me.  Mike continued the drive out to Myrtle Beach, S. Carolina with the bikes and Susie and JoBeth flew back to Texas for the week and then out to SC for the weekend.  Talk about a hectic schedule!


The weather, however, was not so great.  Mike told me it had rained pretty much all week. The swim ended up being cancelled the morning of the race.  This was to the delight of JoBeth, who is extremely strong on the bike and the run. Susie had an amazing race and qualified for Worlds which is being held in Nevada next year!  I am so happy for her, especially since she had bike issues at Age Group Nationals and was unable to finish.  Mike had a great day, too, but said the winds were vicious on the bike.  His age group looked stacked, too.  I am sure he will qualify at another race. JoBeth continued her winning streak and took 1st place in the Athena division!

I was sad that I wasn't there with them.  I'm trying to talk them into racing Ironman Lonestar 70.3 in April with me. I'm starting to get excited about that race.  Mostly because I'll be coming into it with a much better understanding of what to expect and a stronger training plan.  So, I"m hoping that I really cut some time off last year's attempt. Still a long ways off.   :)  

Congratulations also to Megan for an awesome race at the San Jose Rock N' Roll Half Marathon today!You are unstoppable, girl!  So proud of you and everything you've accomplished this year!

And, to my friends training for the Trail of Two Cities Marathon and Half Marathon in Fresno, CA... keep up the great running!  Only 34 more days!  I know you're in those long mileage days.

1 comments:

megthemermaid said...

thanks shannon! on to the next one... :D

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter