Remembering a Friend

Today is the 2-year anniversary that I lost one of my close friends.


Brandon was the life of the party. He was outgoing, funny, genuine, caring, gracious and would make you smile no matter what the situation. I was lucky enough to call him a friend for almost 5 years.

Unfortunately, he let some hard times in his personal life get to him and took his own life.

These aren't the types of posts that I want to share, but suicide affects so many people and families and can be something that no one saw coming because they hide their pain down to the very last minute.

Brandon's decision to end his life that night took away a friend, a son, a brother, an uncle and so many years of memories that were yet to come and left so much hurt, tears and emptiness for those of us he left behind.

So, I hope that what I can do - as his friend, as a blogger- is to reach out to anyone who reads this, and to remind you that there are people who care about you and the effects of a decision like this cause pain in those you leave behind forever.

If what the world sees on the outside... is different from what you see on the inside, please talk to someone or visit:

http://www.save.org/

6 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am sorry, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and his friends and family

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you as a friend and his family. www.dashingdiva.net

TriMOEngr said...

Have lost a couple of friends this way. It is a loss that stings for many years to come. Thanks for sharing.

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

What a great message to share. Sorry that you had to experience this loss first hand.

Katie said...

my thoughts are prayers are with you. it's so hard to understand by the ones who are left behind.

Unknown said...

((HUGS)) Thanks for sharing!

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter