My iPhone had triathlete dreams, too...

My iPhone 3g (yes, the old one) had bigger dreams than I was aware of.  Apparently after going on run after run and tagging along with me on every bike ride, it decided that it wanted to become a full-fledged triathlete and have a go at swimming. As I stopped to enter the freeway on-ramp,  it made a nice easy slide right into my water cup.  I retrieved it quick enough to watch the screen flicker, fuzz, do it's best impression of the Poltergeist screen and then go black.





Normally, I have it in the Otter case, because 1) I can be accident prone and 2) I have a 2-year-old that takes after her mommy.  I took it out of the case for my long-run the night before and didn't take the time to put it back on. Hmm... wonder if I'll make that mistake again? (Insert eye roll)



So, my iPhone triathlete is sitting in a bag of rice now. I've read many reports online that rice is apparently the miracle cure for water-drenched phones. If I can bring it back to life, I plan on letting my dad have it.  If not, I'm sure he'll have fun taking it apart. 



I decided to forgo the iPhone 4 and get a 32mb 3gs. I sacrificed the coolness for more storage. That just means more space to download movies and rentals for the upcoming long bike trainer rides.



I've been without a phone now for a day and a half and it sucks. It's so hard to believe how attached we've become to our cell phones.   I should have upgraded to the the overnight shipping.  Uggh. It will be here tomorrow afternoon.  Tap..tap...tap...

2 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

I hope you where due an upgrade anyway. The last time I actually cried (well, almost) was when I lost two phones in 3 months and got screwed on the second...

KovasP said...

I'm trying to convince my wife to get a Droid. I have a BB thru work, so no iPhone for me, though I love my Touch.

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter