ITU- Approved Speed Suits

With just a few days until the new ITU wetsuit and speedsuit rules go into effect (Sept. 1, 2010), I've received a couple e-mails with the new speedsuit debuts.  I'm still on the fence on whether or not I'm going to get one for Ironman Texas, but I have some time to make up my mind. I'll keep an eye out on the upcoming 70.3's and see what the trend seems to be. Not really a make it or break it necessity for me.

DeSoto:
Kind of funny, but their descriptions seem a little snarky! (Awesome!!!)

"It abides to WTC's recent ruling on swimskins, speedskins, swim apparel...whatever WTC wants to call it."

DeSoto Liftfoil Speed Trisuit
The DeSoto suit is an all-in one package, meaning you can wear it the entire race.  Ummm... maybe for a sprint or an Olympic, but I can't imagine wearing it for an entire Ironman.
Women's:
http://desotosport.com/products/product.asp?Category=wessentials&ProdID=WLF1

BTW... this chick has awesome legs. I want those quads.  Nice to see that they're using someone that obviously is an athlete.  Props to you DeSoto. 

Men's:
http://desotosport.com/products/product.asp?Category=messentials&ProdID=LF1


TYR
TYR Torque Elite
The TYR Torque Elite comes in standard seal black and a snazzy red color for both men and women.  I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I have a feeling that they're going to be having a sale on the red ones for the dudes in about 6 months or so.  Something about a solid, lighter color race suit for the guys typically leaves little to the imagination. 

http://www.tyr.com/shop/torque-male-elite-p-1197.html

Here's the new ruling, if you're not familiar with it:
"Swimwear and swim apparel must be comprised of 100 percent textile material, such as nylon or lycra, and may not include rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene. Swimwear may not cover the neck or extend past the shoulders or knees. Swimwear may contain a zipper. A race kit or trisuit may be worn underneath swimwear."

3 comments:

Patty said...

Only if I can look like the girl in the picture when I put it on...

KovasP said...

Funny how the folks at IronMan are always trying to control these things. Kind of like the UCI in cycling.

Running Diva Mom said...

cute blog, shannon!

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter