Shopping for an Ironman Plan

I've been reading so many articles, blogs and looking through triathlon plans lately, I feel like I have a good handle on what to expect.  Yet I've stopped short of finding something that I'm really in love with. Definitely no golden, sparkly plan with my name on it.

I used the Intermediate plan from TriNewbies.com for my  Ironman 70.3 training earlier this year and I really liked it. Unfortunately, they don't offer a full Ironman plan.  I think my favorite part about their plan were the swim workouts. They added a lot of interval training options, so I never really got bored and they really improved my overall swim times. I still use them now to add variety to my every day workouts. They also kept me honest on the bike trainer, as the majority of my training was through the winter. 

Most likely I'll be taking a hodge podge of one training plan and mixing it with another, focusing on total training time and recommended levels of perceived effort.  I have never trained with a heart rate monitor, nor do I care to. Maybe I'm old school, but I don't feel the need to know if my heart is beating 5 beats faster while I'm running up a hill.  I can figure that out on my own. So, I have immediately glazed over plans that focus their entire training on heart rates.

Although, I'm still looking and open for suggestions. If you have a golden, sparkly one.. you get double bonus points! :)

4 comments:

KovasP said...

I can't vouch for their plans, but the coaches at Endurance Nation (out of San Diego)come across in their dvds as pragmatic, down to earth, and knowledgeable. I know they've had success getting people not only to finish but to race well.

May May said...

Not sure if this would help you out or not, but one of the co-creators of 20 Second Fitness - http://20second.com is a triathlete and he has improved his stamina, speed and endurance in his triathlons just by doing 4 minutes of 20 Second Fitness a day.

Shannon (IronTexasMommy) said...

Thanks so much for the recommendations!

Redondo Beach Furnace Repair said...

Hello mmate nice post

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter