There's Supposed To Be An Off-Season?

Shock! Awe! Oh my gosh.. it's a blog post. It was the birthday wish of BDD, that I come back to the blogging world, so here we go. Happy belated birthday!


So, where have I been for the last few months? Racing, training occasionally and setting up big plans for next year. I finished my last tri of the season at the Monster Tri in Keller, TX on Oct. 30 and just completed the DRC 1/2 Marathon in Dallas on Nov. 6. Unfortunately, I was sick at both of them, so my results weren't quite what I was hoping for.

Coming up next is the Dallas White Rock Marathon on December 4, followed by a back-to-back marathon on NYE & NYD. Yes, you read that right. 26.2 x 2!

The New Year's Double, being held in Allen, TX is my opportunity to join the Marathon Maniacs at the Iridium Level. I'm kind of excited about that. It's adds to my "She's Crazy" factor, too. Since finishing Ironman Texas, I feel like I've been needing a goal. I'm missing that distance fix, per se.

I like the challenge of the distance, but I also want to start "competing", too. So, after finishing the double marathon, I'll be focusing on the 70.3 distance. Lot's of work to do there. I already miss having a 140.6 on my calendar for 2012, but excited to see how my races are lining up! So far, it looks like I'll be racing in 4 different states. More to come..

I've been having a great time representing Team Aquaphor, too!

Fun pictures from the DRC 1/2 Marathon below. Despite dealing with a nasty case of bronchitis, I hacked my way through 13.1 miles with only feeling like I was going to black out 2 or 3 times. Good times!


Will race for pancakes!




Handing out samples of Aquaphor! Don't chafe!!




Cute picture with fellow blogger, Lesley from Racing It Off

Breakfast with Jason from Cook Train Eat Race and his lovely wife, Karen.

8 comments:

Jason said...

Yee-Ha! on the crazy factor. I love the crazy factor. Keep being a crazy inpspiration.

Christi said...

YAY I am so happy to see you back! The shock and awe factor are in full effect. I am impressed.

Unknown said...

Whud up dogg? Stopped at Bucee's twice this weekend. Thought about how jealous you would be when I told you. We pounded some spicy jerky - it was glorious!

Welcome back!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Happy Belated Birthday to ME!!
Happy Belated Birthday to ME!!
Happy Belated Birthday to ME!

I love crazy!!!

I am only half crazy because I just recently learned about Half Maniacs

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Aquaphor being handed out or drug deal going down?? I wonder

Caratunk Girl said...

OHHH Sounds like such fun!!!

Unknown said...

I was going to wish you a happy birthday and then I realized that it was BDD's birthday wish. Doh...

Glad you are back! :) Sounds like some fun times in your life! A double marathon... you are nutso! And I love it!!!

TX Runner Mom said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I said eff-it and decided to do both races. Great post. I imagine after training for a 140.6, you need more challenges! Nothing wrong with jumping on the crazy train. :-)

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter