Off to Tuscaloosa for USAT Nationals!

Sorry, I've been out of the Blogging loop for a little bit.  The month of September started off with one of my best friends visiting me from California.  We went down to San Antonio and had an awesome time.  Then the next week consisted of my birthday, my dad's birthday - those festivities and catching up with work for the time that I took off the week before.  So, basically in two week's time, I swam a whopping 2 times and went for one measley 4 mile run.  Pathetic. 

That lack of training reared it's ugly head when I had an Olympic-distance triathlon on September 12.  I actually look decently happy in this finishing photo.  Must have been because I was well-rested from WALKING half the run course.  It was disastrous for me and a big blow to my tri-ego.  I love the Wise Tri Triathlon, though. And, I was going to finish it - regardless.  My legs felt like lead on the swim, I threw up after my pulse shot way up going up a hill on the bike course and then what started as a good run, just spiraled downhill like a runaway rollercoaster.  Good times.  Sadly, I still came in 2nd in my age group.   It was a small group. Bygones.

So, needless to say the Wise Tri was my kick in the pants to get focused for the USA Triathlon Age Group Nationals.  Yep, I'm headed to Tuscaloosa to compete in the 30-34 age group on Saturday. Yay. Exciting!  I wish I had spent more time focusing on the Olympic distance training now.  I started out with a half iron and then my head got wrapped around the idea of an Ironman and I  lost sight of really focusing on training for this.  My head is still focused on Ironman Texas.  But, I shall go to Nationals and have a great time.. soak up the experience and be able to say "I did it." 

There are six of us from our little area of Texas going and I'm so proud of all of them.  Laura actually just finished competing at Worlds in Budapest, Hungary two weeks ago.  So. Freaking. Awesome.  Anyway, I know the rest of my teammates are going to have a fabulous race and maybe I can even turn in a PB- even though that's not promising much.  :) 

2 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

That's pretty cool. Good luck!

Patty said...

Hang in there! You'll do great. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter