Here's a pic from this weekend's "Blazin' Saddle" bike rally down in Granbury. I did this as part of my continued effort to "Like the Bike."  Things are looking up, I must say. I don't want to jinx anything, but I haven't crashed since I pledged to have a more meaningful relationship with Terry.  Perhaps we've come to a mutual understanding- I'll ride more and Terry stays vertical.  I can live with that.

The drive to the ride was nearly an hour and 20 minutes away.. uggh. I was up at 5:30am and followed my neighbor and his family down there. My neighbor, Chris, is from England and truly enjoys biking. He's getting back into it after some absence and has been going to a rally pretty much every weekend.  So, I tag along when I can.  Now, if I can only talk him into swimming and running. (I'm always trying to convert people over to the Tri side!)   Anyway, the weather was sizzlin' (100+) and the course was very hilly- both good for training for the Age Group National Championships coming up in Sept. 

Somehow I missed the start of the event by about 15 minutes. Chris didn't.  He waited for me at the start and then again at the first aid station, but I was nowhere to be found.  He probably thought that I changed my mind and left with his wife and daughter for coffee and pedicures instead.  Not a bad idea, but not the case.  There was a group of us that had parked a little ways out and couldn't hear the loud speaker. I thought we had plenty of time.  Guess not.  I spent the rest of the ride playing catch up, so I didn't annoy the cops who were waiting for the slow stragglers to get across.  Sorry, guys.

Overall the ride was great and I can't help but giggle at the logo.  Really..?  Bwhahahaha. 


1 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

That picture is cool. AND, the border and graphics are cool - like an old sports card. Kinda dope.

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter