Twitter and Chrissie Wellington's New Book!

Thanks to a few bloggers (Lesley, Jeff, Jason, BDD..) I found myself with an account on Twitter to keep up with the chatter.

I'm following a whopping 26 people right now... which will change, I'm sure when I get the hang of things. And while Charlie Sheen, Lady Gaga and the like won't make my Follow list, one of the people I did chose to follow was Chrissie Wellington because she is such an amazing and inspiring athlete.

So, yesterday she posted that they were looking for suggestions on where to stop on her upcoming book tour, for her new book, "A Life Without Limits."

I tweeted, "Dallas, of course, and it would be her biggest stop, because everything is bigger in Texas!"

Well, that tweet caught the eye of her book publicist and she contacted me to see if I'd like an advanced copy to review on my blog!

It took me about a millisecond to say, "Absolutely!" I was already planning on buying the book, so I can't tell you how excited I am going to be able to review it! Can't wait! I'll let you know when I receive it.

If you're on Twitter, let me know so that I can follow you!

I'm at @IronTexasMommy

11 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That is cool, I want to read it.

Jason said...

How f'n cool is that? I am telling you The Twitter is the place to make connections.

I've had chats with Rinny and a few chefs from the Food Network. It truly is a great place.

Jon said...

VERY

awesome!

Unknown said...

And yet there are those that still question the power of The Twitter?

Christi said...

Sweet! I really want to read that book as well.

TriMOEngr said...

Will look forward to adding her book to my list!

ONEHOURIRONMAN said...

Nice!!

Unknown said...

That's definitely on the bucket list! www.dashingdiva.net

Unknown said...

I love that you are just getting into twitter and Chrissie's publicist contacted you because of a tweet. You are awesome! Can't wait to hear how the book is!!!

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

damn! i better get busy on twitter. i want some free stuff too. That is so cool that CW's rep contacted you just for tweeting.

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

Man! I wish it was always that easy to get cool free stuff.

Like, what if I went into the grocery store and told the manager something really witty. Think they'd give groceries to review?! Worth a shot? haha

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter