I've been out of the loop on the blog for awhile, sorry!
|Bought this t-shirt for a friend when he |
ran his 1st Marathon
* I had an awesome race a couple weeks ago at the Cowtown 1/2 Marathon. I PR'd by over 7 minutes and came in under 2 hours. So excited about that. That was a long-term goal from about 10 years ago? And, I was just doing a training run- not even thinking about a PR. I blew my own expectations out of the water!
* My new bike is home and ready to go. I had my bike fit on Tuesday and I will get to ride her tomorrow for the first time (not on the trainer)! Yay! Still no name yet...
* I'm hungry all the time, now. I'm not someone who typically has a big appetite. I ate a baked potato the other night and added an entire bag of pre-cooked chicken on it. Those are enough for a family of what.. 3 or 4? It didn't stand a chance.
* Right now there is a banana, some ritz crackers and a box of raisins in my purse. It now doubles as a glorified lunch box. Those items will most likely not make it on my drive home from work.
* Fridays have become "4200 Fridays"... meaning, every Friday I'm swimming the Ironman-distance swim. Yep, every Friday. Bring it! I will hit that bike like I just started the race.
* I am so thankful for the people who are supporting me on this journey. To my blog friends, real friends and family. 9 more weeks. Thank you!
* Last weekend, I rode out at the Texas Motor Speedway with Jason from CookTrainEatRace.com. He has become a really great friend, source of inspiration and someone who understands the training mentality. We started our 4-hour ride and it was 28 degrees outside. We froze. But, we endured- because we're "dedicated, stotan machines."
* This weekend, I'm having to change my ride to Saturday, so I'll be riding with my friend, Marcy. She's training for IMTX, too. I'm going to try to keep up.
Have a great weekend and have fun training! :)
Powered by Blogger.