Movie Review: Hood-to-Coast & Texas Independence Relay Info

I decided to forgo my evening bike trainer workout and head to see the 1-1-11 movie showing of Hood-to-Coast. I went in without expectations.  I had only seen one trailer, but it's a movie about running and inspirational to boot, so I was sold.

This movie is awesome.  It had moments that made you laugh, made you cry and made you shake your head - with the "I know exactly what that person is feeling" moments.

The editing was well done and the music was great.  I would highly recommend it to anyone.  I think what I liked most about it, was that it wasn't "acting."  There was not one moment in the movie where I felt that the camera crew prompted a person to say something so that it would look good on film.  No directional persuasion, of sorts.  The reactions, the moments caught are real.  Of real people.  And, I think that's what makes this film so good. 

Definitely give it 9 stars out of 10.   Would have liked to see a little more of the runners being followed throughout the course than the interviews/ van scenes. 

---------------------------

While traveling to Oregon seems like fun, Texas has it's own relay, the Texas Independence Relay, which takes place in March.  This is a 40-leg, 203-mile run.  The little video below is cheesy funny.  Sung to "Don't Stop Exchangin'" it's a musical montage of different teams and the course. 



A group of folks from my work have done this the last few years and looks like a lot of fun, but with a little one at home and tri training, it hasn't worked out to be a part of it.  Maybe, one day. 

9 comments:

TRI714 said...

I like your review of this.

Jason said...

Just read TRI714's review of this and now yours and I agree with both of you. I will write up my own soon.

Lastly, when are WE doing this Texas race? 2012? C'Mon we can do it.

Shannon (IronTexasMommy) said...

I am game for 2012! Patrick will have some experience, tri714 can come out with him, Allison?, Jeff over at Carrot.. We could fill out Team Tri Blogger real fast!

shannon said...

Great review, glad you enjoyed the movie! I've heard the same from several people, and can't wait to see it. :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

The more I read about this movie, the more I want to see it

Caratunk Girl said...

I want to see this movie so badly! Your review only made me want to see it more.

Matthew Bradford said...

So jealous that you got to catch this! I had a commitment and so I was unable to convince my wife that Hood to Coast in fact trumped our commitment, but she wasn't biting.

Christoph Baaden said...

Hello Everybody,

This is Christoph, director of Hood To Coast. I am so glad you liked our movie.

Great news, thanks to the success of our 1-11-11 Event, Hood To Coast will be back for a one-night encore in over 100 movie theaters on Thursday 2-10-11 at 7:30 PM. Hope to see all of you at the movies on 2-10.

Best,
Christoph

Christoph Baaden said...

Forgot to mention - to find your local theater and get tickets, visit our website www.hoodtocoastmovie.com

Thanks.
Christoph

Powered by Blogger.

    Total Pageviews

    Page Counter